Hello, I’m Natasja, commonly called Tasj.
I document Weddings.
01. Born Leeuwarden in The Netherlands.
02. Lived for 8 years near Utrecht, The Netherlands, before moving to Zonhoven in Belgium for 8 years. Pretty cool if you ask me even though my childhood was very turbulent.
03. Moved to Perth at age 16. That was tough.
04. Mum and Grandfather are wood carvers and painters and a curious little old me would always sit and watch them.
05. My Uncle was an architect and a painter. He pushed the boundaries with his paintings, many of them exploring sexuality, I was completely fascinated.
06. I can’t paint or draw for shit.
07. I loved wearing pretty dresses when I was little even though my clothes these days are not very feminine at all. I have a desire to start dressing more feminine again and will change my wardrobe over the next two years to reflect this.
08. I love music and desperately need to work on my playlists.
09. These points are starting to look a lot more like a ‘To-Do’ list.
10. I have 2 kids (boys), almost grown up, a husband (also almost grown up), and 2 dogs called Lucy and Drew. They are my life. I hope every day I’ve done a good job and they are kind and smart and make good choices. So far, so good.
11. My Dad died last year and I miss him desperately.
13. I have a Best Friend who has a pig for a pet. Portraits of them to come, keep an eye out on Instagram.
14. I love Photography. All of it. I like to challenge myself with it and go a little nuts sometimes.
I want to be authentic, real and document what I see in that way. I have a need to tell a story and that is basically what I am about. I’d love to hear about you.
SAY HELLO TO
I had been fortunate to encounter Natasja Kremers on many occasions as a bridesmaid for friends and at many weddings of close friends I had attended. When it came to my own wedding, there really was no other choice (even if I was getting married on the other side of the world in Kauai, Hawaii). Tasj’s pictures speak for themselves – they are raw, emotive and composed to perfection. She captures every moment and detail of joy, love and exhilaration in exquisite photographic frames. When you add to her incredible photographic gift such a genuine warmth, passion and professionalism in everything that she does on the most important day of your life – to me, she is without peer. She is direct without being bossy, she is calm amongst the chaos, she makes things fun and easy and she mingles amongst guests as if she was one of them. Steve and I couldn’t have imagined having anyone else shoot our special day.
Ceremony & Reception Kauai, Hawaii.